Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week 8 Reflection

This course has helped me to develop my own technology skills as a professional teacher because it forced me to go out and do my own research on blogging and wikis. We learned everything hands on which makes things so much more concrete. I am now not so much afraid to try new things or use new things in the classroom because I know that I can teach myself anything that is needed. It has also shown me that using technology is a great way of bringing something that my students love into the classroom. I plan on using blogging in my classes next year to add a new element into my teaching.

I have deepened my knowledge of the teaching and learning process because I have realized that it is okay to do something on your own. It is almost more concrete to me to use the hands-on learning that we did in this class than if someone had given us step-by-step directions to complete every task. Because of this, I really plan on trying to become more learner-centered in my class. It is a great thing when you look back and see everything that you have accomplished rather than if someone put it right in front of you the entire time.

I plan on trying every piece of technology that I can in order to expand my knowledge of learning, teaching, and leading with technology. I plan on showing my coworkers how to use it as well in order to make them more comfortable. I also would like to begin working on more projects which incorporate technology in them in order to increase student achievement as well as participation.

Two longterm goals to transform my classroom are going to be to start using blogging in my classroom and to do more projects that are technology based with my students. Some obstacles that I will have to overcome would be if students do not have the means to use the technology at home or time during the day to use it at school. Something else that would hinder progress would be if students weren't comfortable with the technology. I plan on overcoming these obstacles and accomplishing my goals by setting aside time to go to the computer lab with my students when these projects and blogs arise in order to trouble shoot whatever kinds of problems that they may face.

No comments:

Post a Comment