Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 2 Application

Week 2 Application:

I can use this blog in my classroom as a means for my students to interact and ask questions in a forum. I want my students to get to know each other and feel comforable. It is also a great way to get to know more about me through my blog. I would also use this for my High School Proficiency Exam in order to post open ended questions for the week that need to be completed. It would also serve a purpose with my older students for SAT preparation.

I am currently teaching grades 9, 10, and 11 math. This blog would enhance lessons by providing feedback for each individual student as well as let the students help each other through any problems that they might be having whether it is with the homework, or something for a quiz or test. A blog is a good tool for the instructional context because it will allow me to see what my students know and give them almost immediate feedback on what they could do or how they could have reworded something. I believe that as long as someone is firm and consistent about using the blogs, it would be a great way to infuse the technology into your classroom. I could also pull up the good ones on the SmartBoard and show the entire class what I liked about each person's posting.